College Football DFS Picks: The CFB DFS Daily Plug
Week 11, Main Slate - Classic Slate
The CFB DFS Daily Plug is our weekly CFB write-up that highlights the top college football DFS picks for FanDuel & DraftKings. The Plug then provides actionable information for each slate by making specific recommendations on how much of your bankroll to allocate and exactly what types of contests to play -- all depending on the type of player you are. Be sure to read all the way through to the end!
Consider the Plug an in-depth road map for the college football DFS Saturday main slate. Let’s get to it! For more information on contest selection and bankroll allocation, check out our MUST-READ Ultimate Guide e-book.
Also be sure to follow the College Football DFS Daily Plug creator @LucasJensenDFS on Twitter for any updates & news.
Vanderbilt @ #10 Florida -27 (49)
#12 Baylor -2.5 @ TCU (48)
Florida State @ Boston College -2.5 (63.5)
Texas Tech -2.5 @ West Virginia (58.5)
Maryland @ #1 Ohio State -42 (65.5)
#4 Penn State -6.5 @ #17 Minnesota U (48)
East Carolina @ #25 SMU -21.5 (72)
#2 LSU @ #3 Alabama -6 (64)
USC -2.5 @ Arizona State (55.5)
#19 Wake Forest -2 @ Virginia Tech (61.5)
#16 Kansas State @ Texas -7 (57.5)
Team Totals (Top 5 & Major Moves):
Ohio State 53.75 (+1.00)
SMU 46.75 (+0.25)
Florida 38 (+2.50)
Alabama 35 (-0.25)
Boston College 33 (+2.75)
Wake Forest 31.75 (-2.25)
East Carolina 25.25 (+2.75)
TCU 22.75 (-3.25)
College Football DFS Picks & Advice
Slate Notes - Lineup Advice, Bankroll Allocation, Contest Recommendations:
Want to see our top plays?
The full CFB DFS Daily Plug is available for members only. Get our top college football DFS picks by signing up today.
Six reasons why you should become a member of Occupy Fantasy.
Members get access to ALL SPORTS, so SIGN UP NOW.
- Bankroll allocation: Lots of excitement around college football today with the coveted LSU @ Alabama matchup, hopefully this will bring in more casuals and lower cash lines. Anyways, we are recommending about 2-3% of bankroll allocation, focusing a little more on High-Risk contests. Low-risk recommendations for H2Hs, double-ups, 50/50s, etc. are still in play but will be slightly more difficult than normal. If you do play low-risk, focus on no-badge H2Hs & large field, single entry double-ups. Our high-risk recommendations mixed with low-risk recommendations for small field GPPs & Satellites remain the same. A 60-40 split in favor of low-risk to high risk allocation for today, and continue to target satellites for tickets.
- Low-risk lineup strategy: Two QBs - The options are endless as there are so many terrific QBs taking the field today, ideally you want two dual threat QBs which narrows it down to Buechele, Ehlinger, Newman & Fields. Fields could find himself in a blowout so that lowers his ceiling slightly, but all are viable. Three RBs - Another position with an absolutely loaded field. The regulars like Dobbins, Akers and Dillion remain, but Xavier Jones and SaRoderick Thompson are in top spots as well, hit as many as you can as they will all see heavy work. Not a ton of injuries but as always College Football DFS will require you to monitor Twitter throughout the day, @LucasJensenDFS will be updating the site & tweeting anything he finds throughout the day so make sure you have notifications on! As the case for all lineups, don’t forget to use the FLEX spot for players who play in the latest game in your lineup in case we get late breaking news after lock!
- High-risk lineup strategy: Taking advantage of our QB - WR Stacks below will be a good place to start, as these become very close to full game stacks, but still leave room for value and/or one-off plays. Full game stacks are always in play in high-risk; LSU @ Alabama, Florida State @ Boston College & USC @ Arizona State (IF Jayden Daniels plays). We have the rare advantage in CFB of utilizing the one of the highest correlations in football (that we can't use in NFL): QB and opposing QB. Taking advantage of injuries will also be key in taking down some big GPPs, again make sure your later starting guys are in Flex & S-Flex.
- High-risk contest selection: The more high-risk allocation you have, the more lineups you should be making. Primarily play 100-player leagues on FanDuel. For GPPs, still be sure that you’re max-entering whichever contests you enter (e.g. if it’s a 3-Max GPP, enter 3 lineups).
- Satellite targets:
- DraftKings: Target the CFB $11 Turkey Hangover, CFB $20 2020 National Championship.
- FanDuel: Continue targeting the Sunday Million GPPs.
- More updates to come, UPDATES will be posted in BLUE.
- Injuries: ASU QB1 Jayden Daniels (GTD), WVU WR2 T.J. Simmons (OUT), USC WR1 Michael Pittman (Q)
- FSU QB James Blackmon announced as starter, he makes for a good high risk play with Akers / Terry.
- ASU QB Jayden Daniels is OUT, Joey Yellen makes for a great $4,500 play -also viable on Afternoon Slate.
- WAKE WR Scotty Washington OUT. Steven Claude will start.
- USC RB Stephen Carr will play and start. Good value.
- KSU RB Jordon Brown will start. Decent value.
Top Plays, Classic – 12:00 PM EDT
QB: SMU Shane Buechele, WAKE Jamie Newman, OSU Justin Fields, UT Sam Ehlinger, LSU Joe Burrow, ECU Holton Ahlers, BAMA Tua Tagovailoa
RB: OSU J.K. Dobbins, SMU Xavier Jones, FSU Cam Akers, BC AJ Dillon, TTU SaRodorick Thompson, ASU Eno Benjamin, LSU Clyde Edwards-Helaire, OU Master Teague, BC David Bailey, ECU Demetrius Mauney
WR: SMU James Proche, WAKE Sage Surratt, BAMA Jerry Jeudy, LSU Justin Jefferson, ECU C.J. Johnson, UT Devin Duvernay, USC Tyler Vaughns, UT Collin Johnson, SMU Rashee Rice, LSU Ja’Marr Chase, USC Michael Pittman Jr., TCU Taye Barber (Value), WVU Sam James, WVU Isaiah Esdale (Value), TCU Jalen Reagor, UF Kyle Pitts, OSU Chris Olave, FSU Tamorrion Terry, VT Tre Turner
QB - WR Stacks: SMU Shane Buechele - James Proche / Rashee Rice / Kylen Granson (ECU C.J. Johnson), WAKE Jamie Newman - Sage Surratt / Kendall Hinton (VT Tre Turner / Damon Hazelton)
/ = either (or both) in stacks
Italics indicate high-risk or secondary plays.